Hi there, fellow adventurers! As a travel enthusiast and a mother of two, I know how important it is to find the perfect destination that caters to the whole family. That’s why I’m excited to share with you my top 10 must-see attractions in Alaska that are perfect for families. With its breathtaking natural beauty and unique culture, Alaska is the perfect destination for an unforgettable family vacation.
- Denali National Park and Preserve – This is a must-visit destination for families who love the great outdoors. Denali National Park and Preserve offers a variety of activities, such as hiking, camping, and wildlife viewing. Your family can take a bus tour through the park and see the majestic Mount Denali, the highest peak in North America.
- Alaska SeaLife Center – Located in Seward, the Alaska SeaLife Center is an aquarium and marine research facility that offers a hands-on experience for families. Your kids will love the interactive exhibits and getting up close and personal with sea lions, otters, and other marine creatures.
- Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve – This park is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and home to some of the most stunning glaciers in the world. Take a boat tour through the bay and witness the beauty of nature as you see glaciers calving and wildlife such as humpback whales and sea lions.
- Alaska Native Heritage Center – Learn about the rich culture and history of Alaska’s indigenous people at the Alaska Native Heritage Center. Your family can participate in traditional activities such as storytelling, dancing, and making crafts.
- Mendenhall Glacier – Located near Juneau, the Mendenhall Glacier is a popular destination for families. Take a hike to the glacier and witness its stunning blue ice. You can also visit the Mendenhall Glacier Visitor Center to learn about the glacier’s history and geology.
- Kenai Fjords National Park – This park offers breathtaking views of glaciers, fjords, and wildlife. Take a boat tour to see whales, sea lions, and puffins. You can also hike the Harding Icefield Trail for a challenging but rewarding experience.
- Anchorage Museum – The Anchorage Museum is a great destination for families who want to learn about Alaska’s history and culture. The museum has interactive exhibits and displays that showcase Alaska’s art, science, and indigenous culture.
- Chena Hot Springs – Take a break from the cold and relax at the Chena Hot Springs. This natural hot spring is located near Fairbanks and offers a variety of activities, such as dog sledding and snowmobiling.
- Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race – If you’re visiting Alaska in March, make sure to catch the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race. This annual race covers over 1,000 miles and is a true testament to Alaska’s rugged terrain and the strength of its sled dogs.
- Alyeska Resort – If your family loves skiing and snowboarding, then Alyeska Resort is the perfect destination for you. Located in Girdwood, this resort offers a variety of winter activities, such as skiing, snowboarding, and snowshoeing.
There you have it, folks – my top 10 must-see attractions in Alaska for families. Whether you’re looking for outdoor adventures or cultural experiences, Alaska has something for everyone. So pack your bags and get ready for an unforgettable family vacation in the Last Frontier.